October 17, 2017

Fall TV Early Recap Part 2

So that last episode of Lucifer gave me a really great idea that I'm going to have to start thinking about. Don't you worry, you'll be the first to know if it takes shape in my head!

Anyway, here we are in October and there are only a few shows left to come back from hiatus. I guess I can do another blog later. Let's see what we have so far.

CWTV

All my Superhero shows are back! While I'm not sure I'm digging the feel of Supergirl and Arrow right now, I know they have some angst to get over, so I'll give them a little bit of leeway. The Flash and Legends are on point already and I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm looking forward to checking out Black Lightning because I have to say I wasn't blown away by The Gifted, so I'm probably not watching that one for now. Supernatural is awesome, like always, and I love that kid playing Jack, wonder where they're going with this story. Hmm.

FOX

Lucifer is a tricky show for me. I'm kinda over cop procedural shows so I tend to fast forward through the case of the week unless Luci is talking to the ME because their exchanges are pretty damn funny. This week was probably my favorite episode ever. The cop part actually took the back seat to Maze's bounty story, which was amazing. I love her. I'm not telling you about my idea yet. Yet. I'm still watching and enjoying The Orville. We're six episodes in, time to start learning more about the characters I hope! Gotham is awesome so far this year, I even like Barbara, go figure. Penguin and Riddler are getting annoying but as long as Bruce and Alfred stay on track, this is going to be a great season!

NBC

I had three episodes of the Blacklist on my DVR. I wasn't sure I was going to like this season. I'm still not sure to be honest. I don't like this whole Ressler nonsense or the suitcase thing with Tom but they have to have some subplots to keep the momentum going, I guess. The Good Place, however, is SO MUCH FUN! I'm seriously loving this show more than I expected. I don't watch many comedies, so between that and The Big Bang Theory, I've pretty much got all the comedy I want right now. LOL

CBS

I used to watch so many shows on CBS. Now I'm down to two, Big Bang Theory and Scorpion. Wow. I'm a little sad now.

ABC

I don't get all the hate for The Inhumans. Is it perfect, no. It's grounded and complicated and for me, very interesting. I love Medusa and Black Bolt. I don't really like the side plots with the weed farmers but whateves, I can manage. Crystal is a little annoying but she's a teenager so that has something to do with it I'm sure. I doubt it'll get another season but I hope they bring a few of the characters over to Agents of SHIELD. I'd love to see Coulson and Bolt together! I may actually be done with Once Upon A Time. I thought it was interesting what they did with Hook's character, but meh. I don't like half of the new characters. I don't like Olivia in Scandal right now either, but Fitz just showed up, so we'll see where that goes.

I'm sure I'm missing a few. Sorry I skipped watching most pilots this year, I'd rather spend the time writing, so yay for me!

What are you loving so far?

Hate watching anything?

No comments: