February 15, 2018

This world makes me sad.

I'm not going to write about the most recent episode of gun violence. Everyone knows what happened. I'm not going to write about all the sexual and domestic violence. Everyone knows what happened.

Still, we let our lawmakers do nothing.

My words may never reach the top where they can make a real difference, but I still put them out there in the world because it's a small thing an artist can do that may change one person's mind one day.

Writing has always been my escape. Writing has allowed me to not be afraid of my thoughts. Writing has given me friendship and love of complete strangers who are touch by my words.

I had a very rough time in High School. I was bullied. My home life wasn't the greatest. I had plenty of friends and family around me who had no idea the truth of my troubles. Why? I honestly don't remember anymore. Maybe I was afraid to speak up. Maybe I thought my life would change too much if I spoke up.

What I do know is that I found a way to deal with my problems. I confided in a few friends and teachers. I turned to writing and reading to get all the awful thoughts out of my head.

Not everyone is as lucky as I was to find a way to deal with all the shit this world piles onto us.

If you see someone hurting, help them up, don't kick them down further.

We are all human.

We all bleed red.

We all need to care, just a little bit more.




1 comment:

Taylor Bara said...

Follow this link https://bestparentalcontrolapps.com/track-a-cell-phone-location-without-them-knowing/ and explore the new cell phone tracking methods!